When starting a new sustainable fitness training program, there are several things to do to make sure you follow through to your end goal. Many people have fitness goals but fail to follow through with them. They either fail to even start a fitness program or starting a routine and getting so discouraged or distracted that they stop working out before the workout program even has a chance to work.
The first and most important thing to do when starting a fitness routine is make the commitment to working out regularly. This means deciding on a regular workout schedule that works for you. Whether you workout at home or attend a local gym, you must do more than simply decide to exercise. You have to make the time for it as well. Another thing that helps with building a mindset for a fitness routine is taking a “before” picture of yourself and post it somewhere you can see it regularly see it. You could post it to your bathroom mirror, car dashboard, refrigerator, etc; anywhere that will make it a constant reminder of what you are working for.
Once you have made the commitment to starting a fitness routine, you have to decide on what your end goal is. Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to build muscle? Or do you simply want to maintain your figure. It is important to decide on this because it will determine what type of workout you will follow. Find a workout regime that will work for your goals. The routine for a person looking to gain muscle will be much different from the person looking to look weight. By following the wrong type of workout for your goals, you will often have the opposite effect on what you are trying to achieve.
When deciding on a fitness routine, it’s important to realize that there is a 80/20 split. 80 percent of your results come from your diet and the other 20 percent come from your workout. Therefore, it is essentially more important to eat right than workout! When you decide on your fitness goals, you can then decide on what kind of diet will be most beneficial to you. Obvious choices like cutting fast foods, soda, and other sugary foods will have a huge impact. Most people will be surprised to know that a big part of working out and being fit is eating regularly. Meals will be every 3 or 4 hours and portions will be moderate, but healthier foods will be very good for your body. It has been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this is especially true for the people trying to be healthy. A full and healthy breakfast can dictate the course of your nutrition for the rest of the entire day.
Many people get discouraged after a few days or weeks when starting a new fitness routine. It is important to understand that the body needs at least one month of regular workout activity to respond, then it can take another month before results begin to show depending on your starting point.